sudo apt-get install xournal Thanks for your tips. Used XOURNAL. Found it good. Few limitations though. Does not allow document to be rotated. - need to use pdf shuffler for that. also, the mouse buttons have to be assigned every time it is started. pdf save feature is not very great - may not save page how you want it. esp large ones. if they can assign hot keys like p for pencil, e for eraser, h for hand, a for full screen, z for zoom area etc. it will speed up the annotation for any user. Best if they can use GIMP hot keys to lower the learning curve. No need for shift+ctrl+?? for the keys. --------- http://www.qoppa.com/pdfstudio/index.html http://code-industry.net/free-pdf-editor.php
Master PDF Editor provides you advanced functions for working with PDF and XPS formats:
• Create new PDF and XPS files or edit existing ones.
• Add and/or edit bookmarks in PDF files.
• Fast and simple PDF forms fill out
• Changing font attributes (size, family, color etc)
• Encrypt and/or protect PDF files using 128 bit encryption.
• Convert XPS files into PDF.
• Add PDF controls (like buttons, checkboxes, lists, etc.) into your PDFs.
• Import/export PDF pages into common graphical formats including BMP, JPG, PNG, and TIFF.
• Signing PDF documents with digital signature, signatures creation and validation.
• Free PDF Editor on Linux ( for non-commercial use)
The Linux-based version is free for non-commercial use.