- Right-click on the Windows Start button.
- SelectControl Panel.
- Click onSystem and Security.
- Click onAdministrative Tools.
- Double-click onComputer Management.
- UnderLocal Users and Group, double-click onRemote Desktop Usersin the right pane of the window.
- Is the administrator account or „administrators“ in theRemote Desktop Usersgroup? If not click on theAddbutton to add the account or accounts to which you wish to grant remote login access.
Alternatively, you can click onUsersunderLocal Users and Groupsthen double-click on the relevant account, then click on theMember Oftab. If you don’t seeRemote Desktop Userslisted as one of the groups to which the account belongs, click on theAddbutton and then addRemote Desktop Usersas a group to which the account belongs.
Example for a domain administrator account, but the process for checking remote login access for a local administrator account is the same.