This working tutorial to upgrade/update Prestigio PAP5450DUO to Android 5.1 Lollipop are rewrite from forum.xda-developers.com :
The new Android 5.1 Lollipop comes with many new features :
– Up to 5x performance improvements.
– Fix Low Memmory Killer Bug
– A battery saver feature which extends device use by up to 120 mins.
– It has a faster, smoother and more powerful computing experience.
– Support for 64-bit SoCs using ARM, x86, and MIPS-based cores.
– OpenGL ES 3.1 and Android extension pack brings Android to the forefront of mobile graphics putting it on par with desktop and console class performance.
– Responsive, natural motion, realistic lighting and shadows, and familiar visual elements make it easier to navigate your device.
– More intelligent ranking of notifications based on who they’re from and the type of communication. See all your notifications in one place by tapping the top of the screen.
– New devices come with encryption automatically turned on to help protect data on lost or stolen devices.
– SELinux enforcing for all applications means even better protection against vulnerabilities and malware.
– State of the art video technology with support for HEVC main profile to allow for UHD 4K 10-bit video playback, tunneled hardware video decoding to save power and improved HLS support for streaming.
– and more cool features.
Here are some more aspects that users should know before trying out the custom ROM :
– Back up all your data in your phone properly.
– The device must have at least 80 percent battery power.
– Enable USB Debugging via Setting > Developer options > USB Debugging.
– If the device gets stuck on booting or experiences a boot loop issue, perform wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache a few more times before rebooting.
Note: Try this at your own risk.
1. Download Android 5.1 Lollipop ROM from link below :
The ROM File size is 328 MB, so I split the file into 3 parts :
ROM Part 1 : http://goo.gl/DkwIrl
ROM Part 2 : http://goo.gl/n6NZfC
ROM Part 3 : http://goo.gl/R10Pv2
To join 3 parts files above into 1 file just use WINRAR, then extract the files into ZIP format.
If any problem with the ROM, maybe because the ROM have corrupted during the download process, you can try to re-download the ROM.
2. Install the ROM Manager on your device. Get it from Google Play Store, then install the clockwork mod recovery. You also can use ROM Installer application from JRummy Apps Inc.(Get it from Google Play Store).
3. Connect your devices to your PC employing the USB information cable. Copy the “ROM.zip” file you downloaded to the SD memory card.
4. Restart your device in the recovery mode using ROM Manager. As soon as in Recovery Mode, go to ROM Manager and select backup/restore to back-up your information.
5. From the Recovery Menu do a total data erase (including Delvik Cache). When completed, go back to Recovery Principal Menu and choose Flash ROM from SD Card. Navigate the location you copied the ”ROM.zip” file and follow the directions for installing Android 5.1 Lollipop on your devices. As soon as the installation is over, just reboot your device, and here you go, you’ve just upgraded it to the new Android 5.1 Lollipop.The first boot will take some times .
Tutorial Video : Easy Way To Download ROM =
Android rooting and updates for PRESTIGIO PAP5450DUO with Android version 4.x Jelly Bean
Hexamob | Maikel Alonso – 01/19/2015
Here you can find drivers, Android updates and step by step Android rooting guides available to root your Android phone or tablet. With these Android rooting guides you will be able to root your Prestigio PAP5450DUO with Android version 4.x Jelly Bean
Each Android rooting guide is divided into several sections like Download sources, Rooting steps to follow , Useful links, Related links outside our web, etc … with these sections you can easily understand how to root your Android phone or tablet.
Available rooting guides fall into two possible categories:
ROOTING FROM A SMARTPHONE OR TABLET WITH APK FILES
This guide doesn’t need a computer and it can be run directly from your android device.
ROOTING FROM A PC
Your Android smartphone or tablet needs to be connected to a PC to be rooted.
Blue buttons below will let you to access different step-by-step ROOTING GUIDES AVAILABLE for your smartphone or tablet.
You have to take into account that many rooting guides (normally running an exploit via PC) may need the USB DRIVERS of your device INSTALLED in the computer.
GREEN BUTTONS will let you install generic drivers or will give you links to the official drivers sites. If generic drivers are not compatible with your Android smartphone or tablet you will have to visit the official website of the manufacturer of your device to download official drivers for your OS version (Windows or Linux).
Remember, you must root your Android smartphone or tablet at your own risk.
You can read the advantages and disadvantages about to root your Android smartphone or tablet here
AVAILABLE ROOTING GUIDES
Root From Android Phone or Tablet
Root From Pc
Update Your Android
USEFUL LINKS ABOUT ROOTING
IMPORTANT. READ BEFORE ROOTING
Before to make any OTA updates on your rooted device is recommended to make an UNROOT of it because some users have experienced problems after receiving OTA updates in their rooted devices.
Hexamob is not responsible for any damages caused directly or indirectly by a rooting guide. Any action for rooting your Android device must be done only under your responsibility.
We recommend that you read all instructions related to each rooting guide and follow step by step instructions as indicated by the developers. If you have questions or need support on every page there are links to the developers of each guide.